Monday, February 18, 2008

Ni Hao Ma

oh my gosh! i cannot believe that five days have already passed. reed larson described the mtc as a vortex. he said that days and classes seem to go on forever but weeks and months seem to fly by. totally true!
i was so mad when i found out that i wouldn't be able to check for emails that you may have sent. dad found dearelder.com, bless him. i recommend that you guys use it and tell everyone else to as well (via facebook, word of mouth, email, etc). it's free and i get the letters that day or the next. i regret to inform you, father, that troy beat you to it and his was the first letter i received.

so, the mtc is wonderful and i'm happy. lately my faith has been like a rollercoaster but i tell myself that that's exactly what lucifer is trying for, you know, to break me down right now. i constantly think back to opening my call, getting here and what not and jump right back in.

my companion is sister mcintosh (mei jie mei) from northern california via byu-h. we're different but i love her. we get along really well so far. in my flat are a girl from japan and sister mckinley. sis mckinley is so cool. she's friends with gretchen devine, my friend through wyatt. my district is freaking SICK (i've only said freaking once since i got here!)!!! there is elder welling (wang zhanglao), the guy i met on facebook. he goes to the y and is really easy going. his companion is elder britt (wu zhanglao). he is my biggest struggle in the mtc. the kid spent three months in china and thinks he knows everything. he corrects our teachers. he corrects me. and a lot of the time HE'S WRONG! whatever. the third companionship is my favorite... elder cornelius (liu zhanglao) and elder kitterman (tang zhanglao). kitterman is related to the 8th ave kittermans! he's from gilbert and is a talented singer and pianist. he just got called as district leader and will be so great at that! elder cornelius is a girl in gamma's brother. he is sosososososo funny. we laugh all the time (sometimes getting in the way of work). he has a dry sense of humor and says the most hilarious stuff. as a whole we rock. we're all going to kaohsiung and plan to own the place!!

my zone is pretty fly too. we have quite a few from new zealand and australia . zack peterson (of cowles relations) is in there and kelli angulo (an jiemei). she and i get along really well.

my teachers are brother money (qian laoshi) and sister smith (shi laoshi). i love them. brother money is dorky and i want him to date, but he's so smart and kind. i make him laugh when i say things to sister mcintosh like "only because wo ai ni" (only because i love you). i've learned a lot from them and they are constantly bearing testimony and enriching mine. the language is A BEAST!!!! on saturday i have my first task at the TRC/LRC (teaching/learning r.... center). as a companionship we have to "walk through a park and contact three people", introducing ourselves, praying with them, bearing testimony and asking for referrals then we have to teach the first discussion in english. i am so not ready. we'll see how it goes. sister m and i will be able to go to the tec (teacher evaluation center) twice this week to get help preparing. (i saw mike tew there!)

what else? there's so much and only ten more minutes. oh! mom- UPDATE MY ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK! if you can't i can have mandi do it. she's already my loyal gamma writer. she overnighted me a letter = dedication to my cause and our friendship. the food is hao bu hao (okay). not as bad as i was led to expect. i've already become a fan of salad wraps and mashed potatoes. the days here are jam-packed. i don't think i've ever been so productive in my life! it's kind of wearing though. i'm not supposed to tell you this but i'm a bit sick. yes, my snot started clear and is now green and yellow. awesome. i'm sure it will pass quickly if i can just get to bed at the lord's time. we seem to never make the 10:30 lights out rule! we're busy leg wrestling and chatting about missionaries we write and our favorite things at home.

i think it's starting to set in that i'll be here for the long haul. ten more weeks until taiwan is hit with something they never could have imagined (ME... zeng jiemei). i know that i'm going to grow a ton, i already have. and i know that i'm where i should be (harriet nye building room 335). the spirit is so strong everywhere around here, it's almost like one big celestial room but not as beautiful. pray for me and those around me, we need it.

henduo ai (much love),
SISTER jade lani ozawa
zeng jiemei

two minutes to spare... today at the temple i put on my dress backwards. one of the elders in the zone calls me "sister sarcastic". the mtc president quotes john wayne . my bedroom is ugly and needs drawings from the little girls. so far i've gotten a letter every weekday, let's keep that up by communicating my contact info to all in sight, earshot, internet reach. i love love love you. and miss you all. muah!

No comments: